Product Description and Features:
The new and improved GOSTRAP Tennis Elbow Support offers an innovative Australian design to the traditional lateral epicondylitis elbow brace. The GOSTRAP is the all purpose support for lateral epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) and medial epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow or Thrower's Elbow) injuries and pain. Not just for tennis players, the strap provides amazing support in all elbow positions for sport, work, or play. GOSTRAPS can be used by painters, plumbers, construction workers, cooks, butchers or any other person that performs repetitive activities involving twisting of the wrist and forearm that can lead to medial or lateral epicondylitis or tendonitis.
The GOSTRAP's patented design unloads injured soft tissues, tendons, and muscles in the forearm and elbow. The circumferential strap acts as an 'anchor' and the patented semi-elastic GOSTRAP acts as a 'tie'. The two straps work together with injured tendons and soft tissue, thereby carrying part of their load and releasing their tension. This simple but effective design finally solves the problem of how to provide an anchor and tie support without the use of sticky, rigid sports tape.
The GOSTRAP Tennis Elbow Support includes a patented elastic GOSTRAP that provides a counterforce in the exact opposite direction to the wrist extensor tensile forces. Rather than applying a counterforce indirectly via friction in immobilized tissue, this support is intended to provide a direct counterforce via an additional support strap. Consequently, the "anchor" does not need to be as tight as usual and the support can be worn comfortably and effectively for long periods as required and indicated.
- Comfortable effective design decreases lateral epicondylitis elbow pain while improving pain free motion and grip strength.
- Applies easily in seconds.
- Reduces injury causing vibrations in the forearm, without restriction of muscle contraction.
- Can be worn for long periods of time.
- Adjustable support straps to control force and tension.
- Improved narrower posterior strap eliminates "puckering" in the back of the elbow when moving and is now more comfortable and effective at dampening vibrations and forces.
The GOSTRAP can be hand washed in soapy water and air dried.
GOSTRAP Tennis Elbow Strap Sizing:
To obtain the proper sizing and maximum benefit from your GOSTRAP, measure around the widest part of the forearm and compare your size to the chart below. The GOSTRAP is universally designed to fit either a right or left elbow and is available in three sizes to fit most individuals (Small, Medium, and Large).
|AVAILABLE SIZES||INCHES||MILLIMETERS |
|Small||7" to 9"||175 to 225mm|
|Medium||9" to 11"||225 to 275mm|
|Large||11" to 13"||275 to 325mm|
Application and Fitting Instructions:
Please read carefully for maximum comfort and benefit.
(Pictured illustrations show right arm injury and application)
- For a Right Arm setup, attach the purple end of the GOSTRAP to the Purple Tab on the forearm strap. For a Left Arm setup, attach the black end of the GOSTRAP to the Black Tab on the forearm strap.
- Attach forearm strap around widest part of forearm approximately 2 to 3 inches (5-7 cm) below point of elbow (Picture 1).
- Position the buckle so the elastic GOSTRAP hangs smoothly just above point of elbow (Picture 2).
- Stretch elastic GOSTRAP firmly around upper arm to provide desired support force (Picture 3).
- Wrap the GOSTRAP around to the forearm and attach to the lower strap (Picture 4).
- Adjust either strap as required to optimize comfort and support.
*We are the GOSTRAP United States wholesale supplier. Please Contact Us for Volume Discounts, Wholesale Purchases, or to become a Retailer.